Intro: GeoPIXE: Loading an existing spectrum and navigating the spectrum display window
This tutorial demonstrates how to load an existing spectrum (.spec) file into GeoPIXE
, and gives some tips on using the Spectrum Display window to examine your data.
- Zoom in: "Expand"
- Zoom out: "Shrink"
- Restore entire spectrum: "Full"
- Set a specific energy range: in View 0,1 mode, set the high energy followed by the low energy marker by clicking on your spectrum, then click "Widen."
- Adjust y-scale: "Up" and "Down" buttons
- Restore auto-y-scaling: Change "Fixed" to "Auto"
- Toggle between y-scale Log/Linear: "Log/Lin"
- "Window > Identify x-rays" plus "Identify line" cursor
- Toggle "Mark element" in "Line identification" window to plot K, L, and M lines for specific elements on your spectrum
- 02 May 2016