How do I burn a CD from linux?
After inserting a blank CD-R, a "burn:///" window should open up. Drag and Drop files into this window, and click on "Write to CD" when done.
- use mkisofs to create an image. For example, the following will create a "/tmp/image.iso" which contains the contents of the directory, RHEL:
- mkisofs -l -o /tmp/image.iso RHEL/
- use cdrecord to burn image to cd:
- cdrecord -dev=2,0,0 -dao /tmp/image.iso
The correct parameters for "-dev=" can be found by doing a:
If you are using a CD-RW, it may be erased by doing a:
cdrecord -dev=2,0,0 -blank=fast
If you are burning a CD image (such as a linux installation disk) and the CD check fails, you may want to try the following parameters:
Back to: ComputingFAQ
- cdrecord dev=ATA:1,0,0 padsize=63s -pad -dao -v -eject /path/to/image.iso