When running ethernet cables in the computer rooms, please:
- Use only cables labeled CAT5E, CAT5e, or CAT6. Remove and dispose of any cables only labeled CAT5.
- Label both ends of the cable.
- Use the new cable trays in W221.
- Remove coils in cable before feeding through trays.
- Coil and cable-tie any slack on top of the rack.
- If you use a splice block, use the same color on both sides.
- Don't cut corners. If a cable isn't quite long enough for a clean run, get a longer cable.
- In summary, use common sense =). When in doubt, open a service ticket and/or ask Charlie.