WinAPP To Be Replaced With WinAPP2: Tuesday, 06-Nov-2018
Starting Tuesday, 06-Nov-2018, the official CLASSE Windows terminal server will be WinAPP2 (Windows Server 2016), which will replace WinAPP (a.k.a pc102, Windows Server 2008). To change over to WinApp2, please see:
Make sure any files you want to access are stored on Samba, and you'll see them on WinAPP2 the same as on WinApp.
Windows to Linux GUI Access change
- CLASSE IT is deprecating the Windows side of the CLASSE GRID2 script. It is now redundant to a deployed session in the X2Go client we install and update. This also allows us to remove custom scripting and use standard software.
- To this end, CLASSE IT will be removing the CLASSE GRID2 icon from CLASSE Managed Windows computers November 6th, 2018.
- CLASSE GRID functionality is now inside of X2Go Client. After running the client, you will see a session on the right pane named CLASSE GRID, which will do the same thing CLASSE GRID2 did, without the custom script.
The CHESS DAQ Cluster is being upgraded to Scientific Linux 7. There may be brief interruptions of the following filesystems throughout the rest of this week.
- All raw DAQ data, including the current run, previous run, and any restored directories.
- All raw Maia data, including the current run, previous run, and any restored directories.
- The CHESS Auxiliary file system - /nfs/chess/aux, or \\chesssamba\auxiliary
- The CHESS Scratch file system - /nfs/chess/scratch, or \\chesssamba\scratch
- The CHESS User file system - /nfs/chess/user, or \\chesssamba\user
- The new EPICS Archiver Appliance.
General network and server maintenance will occur every Tuesday from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
The CLASSE-IT group will always announce any expected disruptions in our NewsLetter
and via CLASSE-IT-NEWS-L
, but with the size and complexity of our network there is always the potential for something to go wrong. We will do our best to contain all network maintenance and planned outages to Tuesdays from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
Unless other arrangements have been made, CLASSE-managed Windows systems may be updated and rebooted on Tuesday morning at 2:00 AM
, so please avoid critical or lengthy operations at that time. For more details, please see SystemExpectations
Questions or problems? Submit a service request.