April 11, 2016
Unscheduled power outage, Mon Apr 11
Shortly before noon on Monday, April 11, we experienced a campus-wide power outage, which lasted for approximately 45 minutes. Most CLASSE IT services were restored by 2:30 PM EDT. If you encounter any remaining problems, please submit a ServiceRequest
to let us know.
CLASSE Antivirus (AV) migration April 18th-19th
- As we've mentioned previously, CLASSE Managed Windows computers will be migrating from Symantec (SEP) to ESET (EES). We will start the migration during the normal Windows update period Monday evening, April 18th, and complete the migration steps Tuesday, April 19th, during the day.
- Our testing shows that this migration rarely requires a reboot, but other Windows updates may.
- User Changes:
- On log in you will now see an ESET Endpoint Security splash screen
- Periodically during the day you will see a notification that AV updates applied successfully.
- You may receive other notices from EES. We are also notified, but if there is something worrying you can open a service request.
- EES has additional security features that SEP did not. While we have tested applications from the Base Image and configured EES appropriately, we cannot test every program that may be in use. Please test your software after the migration and open a service request if you encounter any problems.
- After the EES Install, it will scan your PC. This may slow the computer down a little until the scan is complete.
Linux Adobe Flash Firefox Plugin Security update on Tuesday 12-Apr-2016
CLASSE Managed Windows Updates
- CLASSE managed Windows computers will receive updates as normal from 10PM-3AM tonight. Computers may reboot.
Flash Plugin Update
- Flash 22.214.171.124 will be pushed during normal Windows updates this evening.
General network and server maintenance will occur every Tuesday from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
The CLASSE-IT group will always announce any expected disruptions in our NewsLetter
and via CLASSE-IT-NEWS-L
, but with the size and complexity of our network there is always the potential for something to go wrong. We will do our best to contain all network maintenance and planned outages to Tuesdays from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
Unless other arrangements have been made, CLASSE-managed Windows systems may be updated and rebooted on Tuesday morning at 2:00 AM
, so please avoid critical or lengthy operations at that time. For more details, please see SystemExpectations
Questions or problems? Submit a service request.