ILC Damping Rings R&D Workshop - ILCDR06
September 26-28, 2006 at Cornell University
On behalf of the ILC Damping Rings Area Group Leaders, we would like to invite you to the first in a series of workshops to prepare and implement R&D plans for the ILC damping rings. The workshop will be hosted by Cornell University's Laboratory for Elementary-Particle Physics
and will be held at Cornell's ILR Conference Center
The goals of this meeting are to:
- Bring together those involved in R&D on specific topics for the damping rings;
- Review the present status and understanding of specific R&D topics through technical presentations and discussions;
- Lay out an R&D plan identifying tasks, schedule, people and resources, aimed at achieving the performance specifications for the damping rings on a timescale consistent with the design and construction of the machine.
The workshop will focus primarily on a few very high priority R&D items. The proposed list of topics to be covered are:
- Injection/extraction Kickers
- Electron Cloud
- Impedance and impedance-driven instabilities
This list may be modified based on requests from the damping rings group and on those who will be able to attend. Please send comments and suggestions about the overall program to the Area Group Leaders
. Questions and comments about the agenda for individual working groups can be sent to the listed conveners.
This topic: ILC/DampingRings/ILCDR06 >
Topic revision: 23 Sep 2006, MarkPalmer
Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding CLASSE Wiki? Send feedback