Add the requested information to the funding chart
Note: access to your funding information is restricted to the WWSOC, the Panel, and the Contact.
- Navigate to your project page.
- Locate the words "Funding" on the page. The link should be active
- Select the "Funding" link.
- Select "edit" on the lower grey bar. This will open the page in the edit environment.
- Enter or edit your funding chart using the instructions below.
- Do not modify the ALLOWTOPICCHANGE lines (3 lines, starting with "<", ending with ">")
- Click "save" on the lower grey bar.
Following the "Funding:" line, you will find a template of a chart. The web page uses a simple format for creating the chart. The horizontal bars, "|", are the delimiters for the columns. It is possible for the user to add as many lines as desired.
The Detector R&D Panel would like to fix the format of the funding chart to have the columns you see in the template (with units as indicated):
- equipment costs in US$, (this now includes all non-staff expenses: equipment, gas, pencils, and travel)
- Academic staff time in person-years
- (Academic staff includes faculty, senior scientists, and post-docs.)
- Student time in person-years
- (The category, Students, includes undergraduate and graduate students.)
- Support staff time in person-years
- (Support staff includes engineers and technicians.)
The Panel requests that all monetary costs be stated in US$.
Assistance in converting to US$ can be found here
For "equipment costs", include costs that were covered from all funding sources: Lab funds, university funds, department/group base grant, and Linear Collider R&D grants.
For all personel categories, include effort paid by all sources, including unpaid student help.
Filling in the chart requires that you fill in the appropriate values between the bars, "|".
It is not necessary to keep the bars nicely lined-up.
Rows for the years 2004 and 2005 are provided.
- If you had no funding, of any kind, leave it blank.
- If you had funding in a previous year, create a new row for that year.
- If your funding is pending for the year 2006, enter "pending" under "equipment".
An example of the correct format follows.
| *year* | *equipment* | *Academic Staff* | *Students* | *Support Staff* |
| | *(US$)* | *(years)* | *(years)* | *(years)* |
| 2004 | | | | |
| 2005 | 55K | 1.0 | 0.2 | 1.0 |
| 2006 | pending | | | |
- When you have completed the funding chart, click "save" on the lower grey bar.
This topic: ILC/WWS > WebHome
> Instructions >
Topic revision: 29 Dec 2005, DanPeterson
Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding CLASSE Wiki? Send feedback