"Continuation of Reconstruction Studies for the SiD Barrel Outer Tracker"
Current efforts involve implementing a Kalman
filter fitting algorithm for the SiD simulation and reconstruction
efforts in Java (JAS3, lcsim.org). This fitter will be made
plug-compatible and available to SiD tracking developers, so it can be
contrasted to the (existing) weight-matrix based fitter. In
addition (or primarily), the addition or substitution of hits
on a track in the Kalman framework will allow for the optimal resolution
of hit sharing problems which occur near the center of jets.
Please address the following questions in your statement.
- What are the goals of this R&D project. How does this R&D project address the needs of one or more of the detector concepts?
- If there are multiple institutions participating in this project, please describe the distribution of responsibilities.
- Are there significant recent results?
- What are the plans for the near future(about 1 year)? What are the plans on a time scale of 2 to 3 years?
- Are there critical items that must be addressed before significant results can be obtained from this project?
- Is the support for this project sufficient? Are there significant improvements that could be made with additional support?
This topic: ILC/WWS > WebHome
> TrkColoradoRecon >
Topic revision: 29 Nov 2005, DanPeterson
Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding CLASSE Wiki? Send feedback