My research concentrates on energy frontier physics using the CMS detector at the LHC, and particularly searches for physics beyond the Standard Model. My current interest is in models of supersymmetry that do not assume R-parity conservation, where there remains vast parameter space that has yet to be explored. Our work on R-parity violating SUSY benefits from close collaboration with Cornell theorists, who are responsible for some of the important contributions in this area.
I direct the Center for Bright Beams (CBB), which is a new NSF Science and Technology Center led by Cornell. CBB aims to increase the brightness of electron beams to open new realms in research and advance manufacturing and medicine by taking an interdisciplinary approach to overcoming todays barriers. It is a collaborative effort that currently involves seven colleges and universities and close collaboration with national labs and industry.
- Selected papers, articles and talks
- "Search for long-lived particles with displaced vertices in multijet events in proton-proton collisions at √s=13 \TeV,"Phys. Rev. D 98, 092011(2018) (thesis paper of Jennifer Chu)
- "Search for R-parity violating supersymmetry with displaced vertices in proton-proton collisions at √s=8 \TeV," Phys. Rev. D 95, 012009 (2017)
- "Search for supersymmetry in pp collisions at sqrt(s) =7 TeV in events with a single lepton, jets, and missing transverse momentum," European Physical Journal C 73:2404 (2013) (thesis paper of Avishek Chatterjee)
- "The Collisions at the Large Hadron Collider", a talk given at the 2010 Cornell Institute for Physics Teachers CIPT_Patterson_2010.pdf
- "The detector at the Large Hadron Collider", a talk given at the 2009 Cornell Institute for Physics Teachers CIPT_Patterson_2009.pdf
- "Improved measurements of D meson semileptonic decays to pi and K mesons," Phys. Rev. D 80, (2009) 032005 arXiv:0906.2983(Laura Fields' thesis paper)
- "When eyes, ears, body sense different motions, queasiness results," Ask A Scientist, Ithaca Journal, August 20, 2008.
- "Electron Seeding with Silicon Strips," CMS e/gamma POG meeting, February 26, 2008 pdf.
- "Di-electron Widths of the Upsilon(1S,2S,3S) Resonances," Phys.Rev.Lett. 96 (2006) 092003 and Phys.Rev.Lett. 99 (2007) 129902(E). (thesis paper of Jim Pivarski)
- "Study of the Semileptonic Charm Decays D0-->pilnu and D0-->Klnu," Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 011802 (2005) (student Lauren Hsu's thesis paper)
- "Improved Measurement of |Vcb| using B --> D* l nu Decays," PRL 89, 08180 (2002) and PRD 67, 032001 (2003) (with Karl Ecklund and students Bruce Berger and Bonnie Valant-Spaight)
- B --> Dlnu in CLEO-III, PRL,82, 3746 (1999). (thesis paper of Ye Liu)
Copyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding CLASSE Wiki? Send feedback