This is a subscription service to be automatically notified by e-mail when topics change in this CHEXS web. This is a convenient service, so you do not have to come back and check all the time if something has changed. To subscribe, please add a bullet with your WikiName in alphabetical order to this list:
Related topics: WikiUsers, UserRegistration
About the Web changes notification serviceEach Foswiki web has an automatic e-mail notification service that sends you an e-mail with links to all of the topics modified since the last alert. Users subscribe to email notifications using their WikiName or an alternative email address, and can specify the webs/topics they wish to track. Whole groups of users can also be subscribed for notification. The general format of a subscription is: three spaces
:topics ] Where subscriber can be a WikiName, an email address, or a group name. If subscriber contains any characters that are not legal in an email address, then it must be enclosed in 'single' or "double" quotes. Note: The guest user WikiGuest does not have an email address mapped to it, and will never receive email regardless of the configuration of that user. topics is an optional space-separated list of topics:
- ... without a Web. prefix
- ...that exist in this web.
- Using wild-card character in topic names - You can use
*in a topic name, where it is treated as a wildcard character. A
*will match zero or more other characters - so, for example,
Fred*will match all topic names starting with
*Fredwill match all topic names ending with
*will match all topic names.
- Unsubscribing to specific topics - Each topic may optionally be preceded by a '+' or '-' sign. The '+' sign means "subscribe to this topic". The '-' sign means "unsubscribe" or "don't send notifications regarding this particular topic". This allows users to elect to filter out certain topics. Topic filters ('-') take precedence over topic includes ('+') i.e. if you unsubscribe from a topic it will cancel out any subscriptions to that topic.
- Including child-topics in subscription - Each topic may optionally be followed by an integer in parentheses, indicating the depth of the tree of children below that topic. Changes in all these children will be detected and reported along with changes to the topic itself. Note This uses the Foswiki "Topic parent" feature.
- Subscribing to entire topic ("news mode") - Each topic may optionally be immediately followed by an exclamation mark ! and/or a question mark ? with no intervening spaces, indicating that the topic (and children if there is a tree depth specifier as well) should be mailed out as complete topics instead of change summaries. ! causes the full topic to be mailed every time even if there have been no changes, and ? will mail the full topic only if there have been changes. One can limit the content of the subscribed topic to send out by inserting
%STOPPUBLISH%markers within the topic.
* email@example.comSubscribe Daisy to all changes to topics that start with
* firstname.lastname@example.org : Web*Subscribe Daisy to changes to topics starting with
Petal, and their immediate children,
WeedKillersand children to a depth of 3, and all topics that match start with
Prettyand end with
* DaisyCutter: Petal* (1) WeedKillers (3) Pretty*FlowersSubscribe StarTrekFan to changes to all topics that start with
Starexcept those that end in
* StarTrekFan: Star* - *Wars - *sInTheirEyes - *shipTroopersSubscribe Daisy to the full content of
NewsLetterwhenever it has changed.
* email@example.com: NewsLetter?Subscribe buttercup to
NewsLetterand its immediate children, even if it hasn't changed.
* firstname.lastname@example.org: NewsLetter! (1)Subscribe GardenGroup (which includes Petunia) to all changed topics under
AllNewsLettersto a depth of 3. Then unsubscribe Petunia from the
ManureNewsLetter, which she would normally get as a member of GardenGroup:
* GardenGroup: AllNewsLetters? (3) * email@example.com: - ManureNewsLetterSubscribe
IT:admins(a non-Foswiki group defined by an alternate user mapping) to all changes to Web* topics.
* 'IT:admins' : Web*A user may be listed many times in the WebNotify topic. Where a user has several lines in WebNotify that all match the same topic, they will only be notified about changes in that topic once (though they will still receive individual mails for news topics). If a group is listed for notification, the group will be recursively expanded to the email addresses of all members.
Warning: Because an email address is not linked to a user name, there is no way for Foswiki to check access controls for subscribers identified by email addresses. A subscriber identified by an email address alone will only be sent change notifications if the topic they are subscribed to is readable by guest users. You can limit which email addresses can be used in WebNotify, or even block use of emails altogther, using the
Tip: List names in alphabetical order to make it easier to find the names.Note for System Administrators: Notification is supported by an add-on to the Foswiki kernel called the MailerContrib. See the MailerContrib topic for details of how to set up this service. Note: If you prefer a news feed, point your reader to WebRss (for RSS 1.0 feeds) or WebAtom (for ATOM 1.0 feeds). Learn more at WebRssBase and WebAtomBase, respectively.
Related topics: WikiUsers, UserRegistration
Logon or Register Topic WebNotify: Edit, WYSIWYG edit, Attach, Raw view, Revisions, Printable, More topic actions
Revision r1 - 07 Oct 2020 - 12:51:22 - DevinBougie