November 7, 2016
New Wiki Search Engine
The default wiki search engine used when entering text in the upper-right corner "Search" box has been updated as follows:
- By default, a search will be conducted across all wiki pages you have access to. Before, by default searches were limited to the directory ("web") you performed the search from.
- Searches will include attachments as well as page content. Previously, search results did not include attachments.
- Searches will be conducted over an index that's updated nightly. Previously, searches were conducted on the actual pages.
For more details, including instructions for embedding a search in your page, please see KinoSearchPlugin
The old search behavior can still be accessed by:
- click on "Search" in the left-hand column of your page
- search in the "Default Wiki Search" field instead of "Search Entire Wiki - Including Attachments"
If you would like the upper-right corner "Search" box for your group or project to maintain the old search behavior, please email email@example.com
Finally, searching using google is always an option for publicly visible pages using, for example: CLASSE Computing site:wiki.classe.cornell.edu
General network and server maintenance will occur every Tuesday from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
The CLASSE-IT group will always announce any expected disruptions in our NewsLetter
and via CLASSE-IT-NEWS-L
, but with the size and complexity of our network there is always the potential for something to go wrong. We will do our best to contain all network maintenance and planned outages to Tuesdays from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
Unless other arrangements have been made, CLASSE-managed Windows systems may be updated and rebooted on Tuesday morning at 2:00 AM
, so please avoid critical or lengthy operations at that time. For more details, please see SystemExpectations
Questions or problems? Submit a service request.