VPN Setup (Linux)
- Install the "NetworkManager" "NetworkManager-openvpn" and "network-manager-applet" packages for your distribution.
- Browse to https://vpn.classe.cornell.edu/login
- Login with your CLASSE Userid
- Complete the Duo two-step athenticaion. (you will receive a request titled "Key: CLASSE VPN". The request will expire after 60 seconds)
- Click on "Download Profiles (zip)"
- Unzip the zip file downloaded above.
- Edit the .ovpn file unzipped above, and change line 44 to:
remote 18.104.22.168 1194 tcp
- open a terminal, and type
nmcli connection import type openvpn file CLASSE_dabtest_VPN1.ovpn (replacing "CLASSE_dabtest_VPN1.ovpn" with the name of your .ovpn file).
Connecting to the CLASSE VPN
- Click on the "Networking" icon in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Mouse-over "VPN Connections" and click on the "CLASSE_" VPN connection you created above to connect or disconnect from the CLASSE VPN.
- If you find network manager timing out before completing the connection, try increasing the
- If you find you are unable to make connections outside of CLASSE after connecting to our VPN, check "Use this connection only for resources on its network" in the GUI. Alternatively, open a terminal window and type the following commands (replacing "$name" with the name of your VPN connection, as seen using "nmcli con"):
nmcli connection modify $name ipv4.never-default true
nmcli connection modify $name ipv6.never-default true