(This page is in the middle of being updated. Some of LogMeIn
's user interface has changed due to Java's new security restrictions.)
CLASSE uses the Web-based LogMeIn
service to provide remote access to CLASSE Windows desktop computers.
If you would like to be able to access a CLASSE Windows computer from a remote location (e.g. from eduroam, from home, or from another institution), please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
or use the Web service request form at https://wiki.classe.cornell.edu/Computing/ServiceRequest
A Web URL will be provided to you which will connect your Web browser to the desktop of a specific CLASSE Windows computer. Only one remote session can connect to that computer at a given time.
Example Login Session
- When you select the LogMeIn computer URL which you were provided, you should get a login prompt in your Web browser which looks like the one below. Enter your CLASSE userid, CLASSE password. Ensure that it specifies the CLASSE login domain:
- After logging in to the LogMeIn service, you should get a Remote Control prompt like the one below. Select either of the Remote Control links.
- LogMeIn should open a new window. (Sometimes it might prompt you to download an external application, which you should do.)
- While the network connection is in progress, you should see a progress report in the new window which looks like the one below:
- To pass the Control-Alt-Delete key combination to LogMeIn, select the three boxes in the top-right corner of the LogMeIn window:
- If the three-boxes icon isn't visible, select the Options menu and use the Ctrl-Alt-Del icon there:
- If you use the full-screen mode, you can get the menu by clicking at the very top-center of the screen. It includes both Ctrl-Alt-Del and "goto Windowed mode" options.