- select "Add-ons" from the "Tools" menu
- select "Plugins" in the left sidebar
- select "Ask to Activate" (recommended) or "Never Activate" from the popup menu at the right of the "Shockwave Flash" entry
Powering Down Your Computer (Winter holiday, December 25, 2014 - January 4, 2015)
As in recent years, the CLASSE computer group is making the following recommendations for the holiday period from December 25, 2014 through January 4, 2015:
- If you will be leaving for the holidays and have a desktop computer used only by yourself in Wilson, Newman or the Physical Sciences Building, please do a "graceful shutdown" of your computer before you leave.
- Of course, if you expect to use your desktop computer from a remote location, then you should turn off only its display and not the computer itself.
- Turn off only your computer's display if you will be away from your computer only for a night or weekend. Do not turn off the computer itself. Leaving it on makes it possible to install software patches and security updates while the computer is unattended.
- Please use a blank screen saver when your computer is idle. Dynamic screen-savers increase power consumption and do not further the goals of the Lab.
If you have any questions about these recommendations, please contact the CLASSE IT group.
Network interruptions possible, December 30, 2014 - January 4, 2015
From December 30, 2014 through January 4, 2015 a few network changes will be made to improve connectivity between Wilson, Newman, and the Physical Sciences Building. Typical interruptions will be < 30 seconds. If there are any potential conflicts with data acquisition or remote monitoring, or if you have concerns, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
and let us know so we can schedule the brief network outages.
CLASSE IT Group holiday coverage: RT tickets will be read
Although members of the CLASSE IT group will not be present in the Lab during the holidays, many will be reading e'mail and responding to RT tickets. Response times won't be as expeditious as usual, though.
Have a happy holiday!
General network and server maintenance will occur every Tuesday from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
The CLASSE-IT group will always announce any expected disruptions in our NewsLetter
and via CLASSE-IT-NEWS-L
, but with the size and complexity of our network there is always the potential for something to go wrong. We will do our best to contain all network maintenance and planned outages to Tuesdays from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
Unless other arrangements have been made, CLASSE-managed Windows systems may be updated and rebooted on Tuesday morning at 2:00 AM
, so please avoid critical or lengthy operations at that time. For more details, please see SystemExpectations
Questions or problems? Submit a service request.