August 24, 2015
General computing outage - 10pm Tuesday 8/25
There will be a general computing outage from approximately 10pm to 11pm Tuesday night, 8/25. This is necessary to replace a failed storage device. During this time, the following services will be unavailable:
- Email from CLASSE-managed computers
- Web browsing from CLASSE-managed computers
- CLASSE Linux / Unix home directories
- Logging in to LNX201 or any CLASSE Linux computers
- CLASSE Compute Farm
- CLASSE website, wiki, and other web services
CLASSE Managed Windows computers FLASH update
- During our normal update period tonight, Adobe Flash will be updated to v22.214.171.124.
General network and server maintenance will occur every Tuesday from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
The CLASSE-IT group will always announce any expected disruptions in our NewsLetter
and via CLASSE-IT-NEWS-L
, but with the size and complexity of our network there is always the potential for something to go wrong. We will do our best to contain all network maintenance and planned outages to Tuesdays from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
Unless other arrangements have been made, CLASSE-managed Windows systems may be updated and rebooted on Tuesday morning at 2:00 AM
, so please avoid critical or lengthy operations at that time. For more details, please see SystemExpectations
Questions or problems? Submit a service request.