Monday, February 18. 2013.
Exchange to Office 365 migration: informational sessions
There will be informational sessions about the migration to Office 365 in the Wilson Commons on Monday, February 18th at 1:00 PM (pre-migration), and Wednesday, February 20th at 11:00 AM (post-migration).
iOS 6.1 MS Exchange Bug
CIT reports the iOS 6.1 update for iPhone/iPad has some known issues with Office 365 and Cornell's Exchange system. For more details, see:
CIT's service alert: http://www.it.cornell.edu/services/alert.cfm?id=2482
Apple's support article: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4532
- it you haven't updated to iOS 6.1 yet, you should wait.
- If you already updated to iOS 6.1 don't respond to meeting invitations or updates using your iPhone or iPad. Use your computer (Outlook, Mail/iCal, or Outlook Web App) to manage these responses instead.
If you notice very slow performance with email or calendar tasks, increased network activity, or reduced battery life on your iOS device:
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Select the Exchange account from your Accounts list.
- Turn the switch for Calendars to OFF.
- Wait ten seconds.
- Turn the switch for Calendars back to ON.
Apple has identified a fix and will make it available in an upcoming software update.
REMINDER: New URL to access e-mail via a web browser, AFTER the February 20th Office 365 migration.
AFTER your e-mail account has been migrated to Office 365, there is a new URL to access e-mail, please use:
CIT included this information in the "REMINDER: Feb. 20: Your Cornell email moving to Office 365" email, sent last week. For more information, please see:
Cornell IMAP and POP Mail Server Changes.
Cornell has changed the IMAP and POP server names, effective now and must be used after the Office 365 migration.
- If you are using IMAP, please set the IMAP server to imap.cornell.edu and use port 993.
- If you are using POP, please set the POP server to pop.cornell.edu and use port 110.
- For both IMAP and POP, please set the SMTP server to smtp.cornell.edu and use port 587.
For more information, please see:
General network and server maintenance will occur every Tuesday from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
The CLASSE-IT group will always announce any expected disruptions in our NewsLetter
and via CLASSE-IT-NEWS-L
, but with the size and complexity of our network there is always the potential for something to go wrong. We will do our best to contain all network maintenance and planned outages to Tuesdays from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
Unless other arrangements have been made, CLASSE-managed Windows systems may be updated and rebooted on Tuesday morning at 2:00 AM
, so please avoid critical or lengthy operations at that time. For more details, please see SystemExpectations
Questions or problems? Submit a service request.