For more information, visit the TagMePlugin
- Any topic can be tagged by individuals, allowing for the creation of a taxonomy for individuals.
- Tag statistics of all users on each topic show popularity.
- Users can reuse the same tag on a topic, creating a ranking or "tag count" which can be easily increased.
- Users can search for a topic by tag, sorted by tag popularity.
- Tags are lost if a topic is renamed or moved. (This should be fixed once PluginHandlerForContentMove is implemented.)
- At this time, the only way to delete a tag name is from the shell level.
At the beginning of the footer, there should be a list showing all tags associated with the topic. Additional tags can be added to the topic, and new tags can be created. Here is how a tag list with no tags appears:
And pictured below is a tag list that already has two tags. The numbers next to the tag names indicate their popularity.
For both of these types, you can create a new tag by clicking on create new tag
. That will take you to a new page where you can name the new tag and then you can return to the original page. If you want to use a previously created tag, use the pull-down menu to select the tag. Then press the plus (+
) button to the right of the menu to add the tag to this topic.
To remove a tag from a topic, click on the x
to the right of the tag name. This will remove your tag "vote" on the topic.
Clicking on the name of the tag will result in a search of all topics that also have this tag. These topics will be ordered in decreasing popularity. Also on this page, a user can view all of his or her tags (by clicking on the "My Tags" tab) and can view all existing tags ("All Tags").