August 28th, 2017
Microsoft Office Upgrade on Tuesday, 29-AUG-2017
Microsoft Office will be upgraded from 2010 to Microsoft Office 2016 on CLASSE Managed Windows computers during the standard maintenance window tomorrow, Tuesday morning, 29-AUG-2017
- Existing settings will carry over
- There are no known file compatibility issues.
- Most bugs in search are fixed
Cornell training for Office 2016 is available on Skillsoft
. The computer group doesn't provide training directly, but can assist you in finding something appropriate.
Some laptops have been rebooting unnecessarily because of problems with the installation software for the ESET anti-malware software.
- As a temporary workaround, laptops have now been configured to not reboot after 9 AM on Tuesday morning.
- Also, please review the Laptop users' guide
- Both Mac and Windows laptops require the wireless interface to be disabled before they are connected to the LNS Protected wired ethernet. Otherwise the laptop will be confused and unable to install software updates.
Try to Keep Your Personal Identity Safe
Some suggestions for how you can protect your personal identity and information are available at the Web page linked below. These include a credit freeze, IRS security awareness, Social Security fraud awareness, and how to report other forms of identity theft.
General network and server maintenance will occur every Tuesday from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
The CLASSE-IT group will always announce any expected disruptions in our NewsLetter
and via CLASSE-IT-NEWS-L
, but with the size and complexity of our network there is always the potential for something to go wrong. We will do our best to contain all network maintenance and planned outages to Tuesdays from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
Unless other arrangements have been made, CLASSE-managed Windows systems may be updated and rebooted on Tuesday morning at 2:00 AM
, so please avoid critical or lengthy operations at that time. For more details, please see SystemExpectations
Questions or problems? Submit a service request.