LNS Protected Reorganization
On two consecutive Tuesdays, 20-Oct-2020 and 27-Oct-2020, we will apply a security upgrade to the LNS Protected network, which will cause two brief disruptions:
- On Tuesday, 20-Oct-2020, at 10:00 AM, all users on LNS Protected will experience a short glitch because of a network configuration update.
- On Tuesday, 27-Oct-2020, at 10:00 AM, after another brief network outage, all devices on LNS Protected will be separated into two security groups, with the following changes:
- Non-CLASSE-managed devices (phones, personal laptops, etc):
- Your assigned IP address and DNS name might change. This change should be transparent, at most requiring a reboot.
- New firewall rules will be applied, with the same access restrictions as VPN connections.
- CLASSE-managed computers: no new access restrictions at this time.
Please submit a ServiceRequest
with any questions or concerns.
Mathematica 12 and X2Go
The newest version of Mathematica installed on CLASSE systems (Mathematica 12) has been found to run very slowly over X2Go
. We are currently reseaching a remedy for this problem. In the meantime, please use Mathematica version 11.1.1 as a workaround by typing
mathematica -r 11.1.1
on our Linux systems.
General network and server maintenance will occur every Tuesday from 12:00 noon to 2:00 PM.
The CLASSE-IT group will always announce any expected disruptions in our NewsLetter
and via CLASSE-IT-NEWS-L
, but with the size and complexity of our network there is always the potential for something to go wrong. We will do our best to contain all network maintenance and planned outages to Tuesdays from 12:00 noon to 2:00 PM.
Unless other arrangements have been made, CLASSE-managed Windows systems may be updated and rebooted on Tuesday morning at 2:00 AM
, so please avoid critical or lengthy operations at that time. For more details, please see SystemExpectations
Questions or problems? Submit a service request.