LNS Protected Reorganization: Beginning Tuesday, 20-Oct-2020
Over the next three weeks, we are planning to apply a security upgrade to the LNS Protected network, which will cause two brief disruptions:
- On Tuesday, 20-Oct-2020, at 10:00 AM, all users on LNS Protected will experience a short glitch because of a network configuration update.
- On Tuesday, 27-Oct-2020, at 10:00 AM, after another brief network outage, we will introduce two access groups on LNS Protected:
- Non-CLASSE-managed devices (phones, personal laptops, etc):
- New firewall rules will be applied, allowing at least the same access as computers on the CLASSE VPN, but with direct access to routed internal networks removed. Local access to non-routed private subnets will not be affected.
- CLASSE-managed computers: no new access restrictions at this time.
- During the first week of November, we will move devices on LNS Protected into the appropriate access group. Your assigned IP address and DNS name might change, possibly requiring a reboot.
Please submit a ServiceRequest
if you will be adversely affected by these planned changes.
General network and server maintenance will occur every Tuesday from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
The CLASSE-IT group will always announce any expected disruptions in our NewsLetter
and via CLASSE-IT-NEWS-L
, but with the size and complexity of our network there is always the potential for something to go wrong. We will do our best to contain all network maintenance and planned outages to Tuesdays from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
Unless other arrangements have been made, CLASSE-managed Windows systems may be updated and rebooted on Tuesday morning at 2:00 AM
, so please avoid critical or lengthy operations at that time. For more details, please see SystemExpectations
Questions or problems? Submit a service request.