Autodesk 2021 Upgrade: Tuesday, 27-Apr-2021
On Tuesday, 27-Apr-2021, upgraded Autodesk 2021 products will be made available in AppsAnywhere
. Autodesk users, please take note of the following schedule:
- On Monday, 26-Apr-2021 (today), please leave your laptops powered on and connected to the OpenVPN overnight, in order to receive patches during the weekly maintenance window.
- On Tuesday, 27-Apr-2021 at 9:00 AM, we will begin pushing out new Autodesk 2021 Vault Workspace templates.
- On Tuesday, 27-Apr-2021 at 9:30 AM, you may pull the new Autodesk 2021 products from AppsAnywhere and begin upgrading your files.
Instructions for preparing for this migration were sent to the CLASSE-INVENTOR-ANNOUNCE-L mailing list. If you have problems with Autodesk 2021 after the upgrade, please reboot before opening a Service Request
Firefox Update: Tuesday, 04-May-2021
is the primary web browser on CLASSE computers, and Firefox
is now deprecated, we continue to make Firefox available for those rare job-related websites that still require it. On Tuesday, 04-May-2021, we will push an automated Firefox update that might require manual intervention to complete on CLASSE Windows systems. If you still need to use Firefox for job-related reasons, please let us know by submitting ServiceRequest
with the web address (URL) of the website, so that we can attempt to reproduce your problem.
New VPN Available for Macs
On CLASSE-managed Mac computers, we have deployed a new VPN service known as Pritunl
(pronounced Pre-Tunnel) for macOS versions 10.13 and later (including Big Sur). Mac users are encouraged to switch to Pritunl by following these instructions
. For enhanced security, our Pritunl deployment includes two-step login via Duo, which should be familiar to Cornell users (although a separate CLASSE registration will be required). Additional notes:
- At this time, both Pritunl and Tunnelblick are available for Macs running macOS 10.15 or earlier. However, support for Tunnelblick will be discontinued at some point in the future.
- If Pritunl is missing from your CLASSE-managed Mac, please request installation by submitting a ServiceRequest.
General network and server maintenance will occur every Tuesday from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
The CLASSE-IT group will always announce any expected disruptions in our NewsLetter
and via CLASSE-IT-NEWS-L
, but with the size and complexity of our network there is always the potential for something to go wrong. We will do our best to contain all network maintenance and planned outages to Tuesdays from 12 noon to 2:00 PM.
Unless other arrangements have been made, CLASSE-managed Windows systems may be updated and rebooted on Tuesday morning at 2:00 AM
, so please avoid critical or lengthy operations at that time. For more details, please see SystemExpectations
Questions or problems? Submit a service request.